Sometimes life comes at you so fast that you can’t always be bothered to worry about the weather. Even if you do live in an state or area that is effected by hail storms consistently, you can’t always believe what the weather man says. They are just trying to predict the unpredictable that is Mother Nature.
Since Mother Nature has no real schedule, a hail storm can come at you regardless if you are prepared or not. Obviously the first piece of advice is to not drive in a hail storm.
Don’t get us wrong, being aware of weather forecast updates can help, but if you have to travel somewhere important, hail storm or not, you should keep these tips in mind as to not cause further damage to your vehicle or cause harm to yourself should the storm be uncontrollable.
Tips For Driving In A Hail Storm
- Understand that driving combined with the hail’s impact, will do increased damage to your vehicle.
- If you expect or unexpectedly drive into a hail storm, try to find a safely covered structure to park, like an overpass.
- Can’t find a covered structure, park your vehicle in the safest place possible. Ultimately, you want to prevent hail stones from breaking the automobile’s windows.
- Avoid road side ditches where there’s a possibility of high-rising water.
- If possible, angle your vehicle in a way that the falling hail stones hit the front of your vehicle, instead of the sides or back. Front windshields are reinforced to withstand pelting objects like hail.
- If stuck in your car, lie down and keep your back to the windows. If you have a blanket or something similar, cover yourself and any passengers as best as possible, This will help to prevent possible debris from causing harm.
After sustaining damage from a hail storm, you’re going to want to have your vehicle repaired. Impact Paintless Dent Repair specializes in detailed and affordable dent repair that is completely invisible to the eye. Impact’s dent repair services returns your vehicle’s body to its former polished glow and there is no evidence of a dent as every surface retains its original curvature, color and shine.
For more information or to schedule a quote, contact us today!