How frustrating and annoying is it to look at your beautiful car only to find a dent or scratch that you had not previously noticed? Once you see it, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Every time you glance at your car, that dent or scratch will be first thing that you see. Anyone involved in a car accident knows how the dent got there. However, how do they appear without you knowing or remembering how it happened? Below is a list of the 5 most common ways your vehicle gets dented without you knowing.
1) Shopping carts. Unfortunately, many shoppers are too lazy to properly put their shopping cart away after using it. Parking lots, especially grocery stores lots are littered with random shopping carts that are right often straddling the yellow lines of a parking space and are tightly crammed between two cars. This is often a recipe for disaster, and by the time you come out of the store and see the cart leaning against your vehicle, all you can do is hope that you avoided a dent.
2) Car doors. Another vehicle’s door often causes a dent when someone parks too close to you. Whether it’s in a parking lot or even in your own 2 car garage, trying to get out of your car and not hit the other car with your door can be an arduous task if the vehicles are in close proximity.
3) Mother Nature. Driving in a hailstorm or a sleet storm can be dangerous for the both the driver and your car. If the storm is strong or has continually hits your car just right, it can leave several dents. This is can be an especially troublesome problem for car dealerships.
4) Car wash. Taking your car through an automatic car wash can leave it looking radiant, but it can also leave behind a dent or scratch that you may not notice for a few days.
5) Sporting events. We’re not talking about a professional event, just a normal activity. Have you ever been the person at the local high school baseball game whose alarm starts going off after the first basemen’s homerun lands on your vehicle? Or perhaps, you were just playing basketball in your driveway and your car felt the brunt of a missed pass. Any which way, that ball can leave a sizable blemish on your car.
Are we missing anything? Please leave a message in the comments section if you have any unique stories of how your car was dented!